Friday 19 October 2012

Dance like you mean it!

If you haven’t done an ass-slapping, hip hopping, two song dance solo in front of your mirror in the last few days, then ask yourself, “where’s my joy level at!?”
There is a big difference between happiness and joy. Happiness is a temporary feeling that we get from something, it relates directly to our circumstances and feelings on a specific moment. It is something external. If you don’t have joy, then you will always need something to make you happy.
Joy on the other hand is something foundational. It is internal. I call it my “mattress”. It’s that thing that keeps you from hitting rock bottom.  It’s the knowing in your heart that no matter what, you will be fine. You will persevere, you will endure and you will conquer!  
“The joy of the Lord is your strength.” Neh 8:10
The more joy bursts forth from your heart, the less anything can drag you down. Your confidence, patience and love levels skyrocket and you really feel like a million bucks! Don’t get me wrong, just because we have eternal joy does not mean that we won’t cry, mourn or be emotional, it just means that in each one of those times you will never hit rock bottom. You will have a foundation of joy to fall on.
“Until now you have asked nothing in my name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy might be complete.” John 16:24
Come on! Jesus didn’t die on the cross so you can be miserable! Tap into that amazing joy that is available to you. Ask for it, receive it, protect it and most of all dance like you mean it! :D
“Therefore my heart is glad and my whole being rejoices; my flesh also dwells secure.” Psalm 16:9
 “You have made known to me the paths of life; you will make me full of gladness in your presence.” Acts 2:28
“You have put more joy in my heart than they have, when their grain and wine abound.” Psalm 4:7
All images were obtained from Goolge

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love for you to comment or email me your thoughts, questions or testimonies. Please comment in the box provided below or email the administrator - andlovewillfindyou@gmail.com.