Friday 4 January 2013

God is patient

be yourself, brave, clouds, feeling
 
Today I was thinking about how patient God is with us and how impatient we can sometimes be towards Him. We know that God's timing is perfect, but we ask "when, when, when?" and we become impatient and discouraged so quickly.

If I think back over the years, I can just thank God for how patient He has been with me. All the times that I didn't love Him the way I should've, listened to what He said or did what He asked me to do. He didn't ask me "when, when, when?" but patiently walked with me on my journey until I understood what He was saying or saw what He was busy doing and left my selfishness behind and obeyed His voice. He has always approached me with kindness and patience.

I thank God that He didn't give up on me, turned His back on me or withheld promises from me just because I didn't do everything that He asked me to do. How often do we want to give up on God, turn our backs on Him or get angry with Him just because He is not doing what we think He should be doing right now? Then a few weeks into the struggle we realise why He held back or why He didn't jump when we wanted Him to jump and we end up feeling embarrassed because of our impatience.

God is love and "Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful; it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth. Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things." (1 Corinthians 13:4-7 ESV)

Look back at the times when He was there for you, where He showed you the way and led you through dark hours. He is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow and He has shown us much patience, much more than we deserve. He patiently waited for you to follow and choose Him and He did not count your sin against you even if you have mocked or slandered His name. He has shown us unending mercy, kindness, grace and love.

Maybe today you feel as if you want to give up on God, that He is not coming through for you or that He is not being all that you believe He is. I want to encourage you that God IS love and He IS faithful and that He has never given up on you and He believes in you. Even if you don't see it yet or have been waiting for a long time, don't give up, He is for you and not against you. Find comfort in Him and know that He is your Father and that He has only the best in store for you. You can overcome any challenge with Him at your side and He will guide and comfort you through anything that life can throw your way.

"What then shall we say to these things? If God is for us, who can be against us? He who did not spare Him own Son but gave Him up for us all, how will He not also with Him graciously give us all things?" (Romans 8:31, 32 ESV)
Photo credit: favim

2 comments:

  1. love love LOVE reading your blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I'm delighted to hear that. You are so welcome, thank you for popping by. :) Be blessed! x

      Delete

Thank you for reading my blog! I would love for you to comment or email me your thoughts, questions or testimonies. Please comment in the box provided below or email the administrator - andlovewillfindyou@gmail.com.